The Second "T" is Silent

Day 3


Three days in & I find myself falling more & more in love with Toronto! I have been frequently using sentences like "Maybe I could live here." and "Omg that house would be so cute for me and my friends!" Yes three days in and I am already imagining myself living here, I'm forever stuck in my daydreams! 

So as we were riding around in our Uber car, I spotted a pop art exhibit downtown & immediately insisted that we go! I did a project on the history of pop art my freshman year of college & fell in love with the style & all things Andy Warhol!


The paintings were even more mesmerizing in person!

 


  



It was an amazing exhibit & I am so happy I managed to spot!

One of my favorite things about going to walking cities is most definitely the sidewalk cafes! No matter where I live when I am older I want to live in a city that is full of them! We stopped to have lunch at one called Sassafraz & yes I suggested we eat there strictly based on the name (It is so fun to say!)!


  

What you can't see in these pictures is that at that moment I was having a major wardrobe malfunction! I bought that top right before we left to come here & I was so excited to wear if for the first time but out of nowhere it started falling apart! LITERALLY! One minute everything was fine & the next thing I know the side seam has come undone almost halfway down my side! Aside from that it was another lovely lunch with perfect weather for outside eating & perfect lighting for lunchtime pictures!

Obviously the next stop of the day was the mall! Not that we hadn't already planned to go there but I was now in dire need of a new shirt! Another Uber ride to the mall for a quick shopping trip then back to the Ritz to change for dinner!


  


  

Mom's final celebratory birthday dinner at Mortons & then to Joe Mamas Jazz club to end the night!

Scrumptious food, bubbly champagne, fun music, & fine company! Toronto has been so good to me & the trip isn't over yet!! Add me on Snapchat to see more from my travels: @Fashion_DW


Oh, I almost forgot! You are probably wondering why I named this blog post what I did. Well, you learn something new everyday. Today I learned that one way the people of Toronto tell the difference between the natives and the travelers is in the way they say the name "Toronto." Apparently, if you are from here you know that the second ''t" is in fact silent! I've been giving myself away as a tourist this whole time & didn't even realize it! Yikes!

Xo,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts