Out & About, Eh!

Day 4 & 5
The final Days


Going to an island for vacation means relaxing on the beach in a bikini with a mimosa in hand, while going to a city means nonstop sightseeing and exploring! Fortunately for me, I got the best of both worlds! While the first few days were loaded with nonstop fun on the go, the fourth & fifth days were a little more calm. The fourth day we were in Toronto was the Fourth of July & while I had on an exuberant outfit, we had a very lazy morning. For the most part we just relaxed in our hotel room until lunchtime, then we went up to the beautiful concierge lounge for food & drinks until the evening.


Once we FINALLY left the hotel, we went down to Queen Street, also know as the Fashion District, for some boutique shopping and sidewalk cafe lounging. They had the best little stores on that block & I loved shopping for unique things that I knew none of my fashion friends at home would have. Two of the store really stood out to me though. First was a boutique called M for Mendocino where I found LOTS of adorable dresses & an amazing blazer cape that I bought in every color! The other was a store called Aritzia where they had these unbelievable handbags that really blew me away! No lie, I bought the cutest bag while I was there that day & then went back the next day for a second one (My mother also bought two for herself on the second trip.)! 

The day after that, our big to-do was going to see Niagara Falls, obviously! We rented a car and drove out to the town that was just a hop, skip, & stones throw away from Buffalo, New York! It is so close to the NY that not only could we see the city but my cellphone service even came back while we were there!

  


  





While I'm usually not one who automatically thinks of nature when someone tells me to go to my happy place (that tends to have my dreaming of Chanel), I must admit that there is something truly beautiful and hypnotic about The Falls. The rush of the water, the heavy mist that was thrust high into the air in the middle of the water, the unstoppable force of nature; it is easy to see why people travel from all around the world to see it!

After our little excursion, we grabbed some lunch then went back to the hotel for a quick rest…well they rested while I checked out the hotel pool. *Selfie Alert*


Then we headed back out for dinner; hello more sidewalk cafes! They really are one of my favorite parts of city life! I swear when I get older I will be moving to a city that is filled with them! (P.S. I will be doing an outfit post about that night's attire soon!)


It was certainly a nice way to wrap up our little family vacation. Fun was had by all on this trip, mom got to celebrate her day in style, & I got a suitcase full of new clothes. We could not have hoped for a better time or better weather for our Canadian adventure. I will forever be in love with everything about the city of Toronto & intend on going back sooner than later! I'm glad I got to share this wonderful time of my life with all of you & I hope you enjoyed! I cannot wait to see where we will go next!

Xo,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts