Made in America!

!!Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July my darlings! I hope you had a fun & safe Independence Day! While many people had their eyes glued to the sky watching fireworks in America, I seemed to be the thing drawing all the attention in while walking around the streets of Toronto in my very festive outfit. It seems that wearing a big, fluffy tulle skirt, during the middle of what is considered just another day (in Canada, that is), will cause you to turn many heads. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention this was not my favorite white tulle skirt; it was a rather bright blue!



I'm sure now you can see why I might have gotten a few stares from the people enjoying lunch as I passed the sidewalk cafes. One thing that I found a little funny but not necessarily surprising was that when we are just walking around the area I got lots of sideways glances but no one commented on my attire (good or bad comments). But as we made our way to where we were going to eat, we entered the fashion district and the vibe totally changed! As soon as I walked into a boutique, the sales associates were gushing over tutus & tulle! Not that you ever need other's approval to wear something but it always feels nice to receive a compliment especially when you start to doubt your outfit of choice. I guess there are just some things (& when I say some things, I mean quite a bit of things) that people in/of the fashion community "get" that others do not.





A few girls asked me why I was wearing a tutu tulle skirt (fair question). It is actually cause 'Merica! because I bought this skirt about 6 months ago & immediately decided that it was going to be my 4th of July outfit (if only I could plan the rest of my life out that early!). Little did I know back then that I might have preferred something a little more subtle seeing as how I later made plans to be in a different country! Oh well *she said with a shrug & a smile*! I had a ton of fun in this outfit, I got to be absolutely patriotic, & it was a great conversation starter! 

Shirt: Forever 21//Skirt: Space 46 Boutique//Shoes: Steve Madden


Happy 4th of July, from my family to yours!

Follow me on Snapchat to see my outfits & travels before I post them here! @Fashion _DW

Xo,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts