Canada, Where the Moose Are!

Day 2!!


Well why don't we start with the obvious confusion, how can I be posting a "Day 2" post but I did not post a Day 1? The answer to that is really quite simple...the second I landed in Canada all of my electronics decided to have a mental breakdown. It is a rather long & whiny story but the point is I sat down to write the Day 1 post & all of my pictures from that day got deleted from my camera...fantastic. It was not until today that I got a chance to bring in my camera to a store that specializes in these sorts of issues & was (luckily) able to restore all of my lost photos. But you know what they say, "When it rains, it pours." Unfortunately for me, while I was beyond grateful that they were able to recover my lost memories, they returned them to me on a CD...which would not be a problem if I did not have a Mac Air laptop that does not have a CD port. All this being said, I will upload a day one post as soon as I return to The States and get my hands on my external CD port.

Enough of the drama, let's have some fun! So I've been here in Toronto for two days now & I must say that I absolutely love it here! While I am all about adventure, it is reassuring to travel to another country that still speaks English & is not overly different from home. While it does have a bit of a different feel it this city, (namely the weather! Day temperatures right now are in the mid 60's, which is basically winter for me & my fellow southerners.) it also still closely resembles that of cities I have traveled to in the Untied States. Everyone is so friendly & accommodating here.

We started off today with a few drinks with a view in the concierge lounge before heading out to lunch:





We called up Uber & hit the town! We had lunch at this cute little place called Lola's Kitchen downtown, which served one of the best burgers I've had in quite some time! After a little walking we found the most charming little place to grab some champagne (...& beer) not too far from there.


 


 It is hard to but into words how charming & whimsical the place was, but with a name like Wish Bar & Cafe how could it not be like something from a daydream?

We then traveled back to our hotel for a quick change & a latte, then walked up the street to the Rogers Centre Baseball Stadium to be a part of the Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox game!

 


A lot of people don't know this about me, but I genuinely love going to watch baseball games! Something about it is just so exciting & different than what I usually find myself doing (& the hot players in baseball pants are an added bonus)!


 
American Game, Canadian Beer!


After the festivities it was back to the hotel's Dec Lounge for a late night dinner then some shuteye! Needless to say it was a fabulous & fun day! I can't wait to see what the next few days have in store for us!

Before I sign off, I would like the wish my mother a very, very happy birthday! She is so lovely & I am beyond lucky to have her! I sincerely hope you are enjoying your trip mother. I love you!

 

Follow me through Canada via Snapchat ( Fashion_DW )!

Xo,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts