The Salty Traveler



What to Pack for a Mexican Get Away!

As I sit at my kitchen table on this Wednesday night, I would indeed consider myself to be a salty traveler. What is a salty traveler, you ask? Here's the official Fashion Doll Dictionary entry:

Sal·ty Tra·vel·er
(noun)
A person who takes many vacations but gets "salty" or upset when she realizes a close friend or family member is going on a fabulous vacation resort getaway, but she herself will have to stay home.

Ex: "I have already been to Washington, D.C. and Canada this summer, but I cannot go as I'd planned to Mexico with my cousins. I admit I can be such a salty traveler."


If you have yet to put together that my example is an actual situation I am currently experiencing…it is true. Despite having already done quite a bit of traveling this summer, I made plans to board a flight to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Unfortunately, things did not work out that way. While I am extremely grateful for the wonderful trips I did take this summer, I had already packed my perfect island-themed wardrobe for Cabo. Needless to say, not getting to go was an extreme bummer.

Anyways, after telling my cousin that I would not be going and maybe hoping she'd throw some sympathy my way,  she instead shamelessly asked, "Well, since you are not going, can I borrow the clothes you were going to wear?" Talk about adding insult to injury! 

But she did give me this blog post idea. Just because I was not able to go hang out on the beach & strut around the resort in my beautifully planned outfits, does not mean I cannot still share what a well-packed suitcase headed to Mexico should look like!




























Well my darlings, I hope you are indeed planning a chic getaway before the summer slips away! Hopefully this guide helps you get an idea of what you'll need to stay Insta pic worthy all vacation long! 

Xo,
Jordin
(Your favorite salty traveler)

Comments

Popular Posts