A Fading Summer

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay



       Oh August…It is most defiantly "the Sunday" of summer. The time when younger kids start muting the TV when the back to school commercials pop up and parents start to imagine how great life will be again when their college kids finally gets off their couch and back to eating ramen in their dorm rooms. Some kids/college students are beyond excited to get back to their friends (*Note: Their friends, not their classes); I find that these are typically the people who did nothing all summer but engage in a three month long Netflix comma. While others, like myself, am not overly thrilled about returning. Don't get me wrong; I miss my friends/sorority sisters so much! It's just that…summer kind of rocked around here. Of course there are some downsides like the fact that most of my friends work 9-5 jobs and I did not get to see them as much as usual. But, then there are days like this one at Sam's Boat.

       For the record, I do not have a friend named Sam with a boat; it is the name of a restaurant located on a lake. Something about being out by the water is so nice and peaceful (& HOT! I can't tell you how many three digital degree-days we have had this summer). But nonetheless it is fun to go out there and listen to live music and hangout on the dock!









       It is true what they say about summer; days get hot, nights get longer, and life gets better. And seeing as how I don't have many summer vacations left, I'm trying to enjoy them as much as possible! Oh course, my annual routine of bitching about going back to school, hang outing with my friends, and then being happy to be back (until classes start, then I start bitching again) will continue, but soon enough I'll be too busy having fun to dwell. Until then I will continue to make the most out of my fading summer and make every moment out!


P.S. I am now on Periscope! Watch & bare with me as I work with this new platform! My handle is Fashion_DW 

P.S.S. If you aren't on Periscope, add me on Snapchat: Fashion_DW


Cheers,
Jordin



Comments

Popular Posts