After the Party Comes the #AfterPartySale

Lilly Pulitzer Sale


       So you know those stories you hear about people getting trampled during the Black Friday Sales and what not? Well prepsters everywhere have decided that we most definitely aren't about that life (#sorrynotsorry). Instead we wake up with a fierce look in our eyes at the most unholy hour (that would be precisely 6:55 central time for me) and hop on our computers to wait for the madness that is the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale. 

       For those of you who don't shop Lilly Pulitzer and are confused as to why this is such a big deal, let me explain. Lilly Pulitzer is one of those (amazing) brands that people will buy no matter what, thus and therefore the company does not feel the need to have regular sales. Fortunately for us preppy/college/sorority women, they have a HUGE sale twice a year called the After Party Sale. How huge is it? Like getting a $200 dress for $59 huge. So essentially if you love LP you will cancel your morning tennis lesson/call in late for work/get in trouble with you standards chair woman for being late to recruitment practice to snag as much Lilly as your little {monogrammed} heart desires. #NoShame

       For those of you who know far too much about this event, you were probably a little skeptical of this year's new sale system. I'm guessing they thought it was time to try a new approach of containing the madness to avoid the biannual website crash by making us wait in a virtual line…yep that's right, I sat in line in my matching PJ set. When I logged into the sale I had over 46,000 shopaholics ahead of me in line...aka over an hour wait. I promptly set an alarm and proceeded to go back to sleep. When I awoke I was warmly welcomed into Lilly heaven {insert singing heavenly choir}. 
       
       In the end I got my usually order of two new dresses and I was only slightly late to recruitment workshop. I am as usual, beyond excited for my lovely little dresses to arrive at my door…but if I am completely honest I am also super excited for the next sale! What can I say; I like the adrenaline rush…sue me!








P.S. Check out my post about my Lilly for Target adventure!

Cheers,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts