The Lost Art of Love Letters

Write this Down!





I have been a connoisseur of all things classic and chic since I was old enough to spell the words. With that so clearly my goal, some of the biggest influencers in my life encouraged me as a child to send out thank you notes to people who had given me presents and to those who had done a kindness for me. Little did I know that, later in life, this would become a favorite habit.




Once I conquered the formula of the thank-you card, I couldn't get enough of handwritten notes. Naturally, I became obsessed with stationery that I could personalize to my standard of perfection, and have been on a first-name basis with the staff  of Paper Source and Papyrus ever since. To this day, I look forward to my post-holiday and -birthday writing sessions and always remember post a note to my dearest friends when I am traveling without them.


Now, I know what you might be thinking:  "Of course she likes to write. She's a writer." But, my darling, there is a difference. I find that while I do put an enormous amount of time and thought into each one of my blog posts, it is not at all the same as putting pen to gorgeously monogrammed paper. You see, when I am typing away at my keyboard, it feels a little mechanical because it is
mechanical. A handwritten note, however, takes time to craft. I have to carefully pen each word so that I get it right the first time (and do not find myself with five ruined pieces of stationary because I kept messing up). 




Think of typed notes as factory-made clothing, while handwritten notes are the lusted-over couture pieces.






Try it yourself. Pick out some good-quality stationary and write to someone you care about today. Whether to say thank you, express your love, communicate an important message, or just to say hello.



Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts