Golden Hour Fashion

Five Mile Dam


"I like this very twisted version of what I think is reality. Because reality is just reality." 

 --Marc Jacobs

I can relate to this Marc Jacobs quote on a spiritual level. People tell me all the time that I live in my own little fantasy world, to which I always reply, "Yeah, it's nice here!" It is easy to get so caught up in whimsical daydreams, couture fantasies and Pinterest while letting the outside world fade into background noise. In fact, sometimes I can get so caught up in my own little bubble that when my alarm so rudely interrupts me at 9 a.m., I dread having to come back down to reality...a.k.a. to my college classes. Don't get me wrong, I love college and all that comes along with it, but given the option of sitting front row at fashion week and front row in fashion economics...

Even still, college has exposed me to lots of great things, opportunities, and people. Such as my talented photographer Julian, who recently asked for my help with a project she was assigned. In the words of Julian, the project was about "the use of lighting in respect to that of a portrait and how the type of lighting makes the identity of a portrait either known or more complexly not known."

This was definitely the defining moment in our relationship, that simplie revelation of who is the writer and who is the photographer. While I was not sure exactly how this would translate in pictures, I trusted her judgment and took my first *mini* hike in Five Mile Dam at sunset on a quest to capture the perfect lighting. 




 



 


 





Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin




Comments

Popular Posts