Latest Obsession: 8.26.18

Glossier

"Always late but worth the wait" is a phrase I find myself spouting off to my girlfriends whenever I arrive 10 minutes past our agreed upon Sunday brunch time. I have found this phrase applies not only to my tendency to show up after everyone else, but also to my new-found ~obsession~ with Glossier!


I have been following the brand's blog "Into the Gloss" for a while now, but was somehow oblivious to the G's chic skincare line. I came across an ad on my Insta feed featuring one of their products and soon found myself completely immersed in reading descriptions and reviews one after another. 

Naturally I was scoping out new products, but I was unsure how well they'd work or how much I would like them. Come to find out, I now live in one of the three cities where Glossier decided to build a showroom, a place for girls like me who needed to do a little more investigating.

So last Sunday afternoon, I headed downtown to Canal Street to check it out. To my surprise, I was greeted at the showroom by -- a line. There was no way I would be on time for brunch if I got in that line ... So I queued up my "worth the wait" motto as I stood outside, surrounded by teeny-bopper carbon copies of the influencers who targeted their age group. Think jeans at are a little baggy in the butt but tight at the hip, crop tops, platforms, and lots and lots of highlighter. 

I was in line for about thirty minutes, during which time the Glossier employees handed out testers of different products for us to try. Finally, I was invited in and whisked into an elevator where the PH (penthouse) button was lit up. When the doors opened, I was greeted by more Glossier employees who were incredibly nice and who all seemed to posses that "cool girl factor."



The showroom was everything I hoped it would be: a room flooded with sunlight, crisp white walls and floors, every product out on display in the most aesthetically pleasing way and a staff who lingered close to answer questions but without hovering. I walked around briskly, so as to not be too late for my reservation, taking in the atmosphere and testing out all of the products I wanted to try based on my extensive internet research, but also taking the time on some wild cards as well.


Once I had made my selections, I headed over to the counter where an associate took my information and entered the products I wanted into the computer. Once I checked out, I was asked to wait on the bench for my order. Five minutes later,  I was handed a glossy bag that contained a puffy pink pouch filled with my new products as well as a handful of other small goodies. 


While I'm usually too impatient to wait in lines, I can easily see myself going back to the showroom to order my next round of products. It's the kind of place that you go for that shopping high; that place you go on a Sunday morning, not because you have to, but just because the atmosphere gives off those vibes you love.

Completely satisfied with my purchases, I floated off to brunch -- a little late, but definitely worth the wait!

Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin


Comments

Popular Posts