Paris and the Single Girl

From the City of Lights to the City of Love

For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of a holiday in Paris. I imagined strolling down the old cobble stone streets, carrying a baguette still warm from the bakery, while the Parisian sunlight shone on my face. And though France has been only a plane ride away, Paris always felt just beyond my reach. I felt I would never get there, but also that I would never be complete until I did.

That was until in late June when we decided that the time was finally right for a French excursion. We were set to meet our family in Monaco for a big birthday bash. But first, Paris!



For any other city, five days would have been an ample amount of time to see and do the best of the city. However, I found that five days in Paris simply wasn't enough. Walking through the streets is like walking in the world's most exquisite museum. You are surround by music and culture and history and art. You can't possible cram all this city has to offer into five measly days. But boy did I try.


Pairs is a dream. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. We went to see the Eiffel Tower (both during the day and at night when it sparkles), stopped at Notre Dame, walked down the Champs-Elysees where we stopped indulge in macarons from the original Laudrée, and climbed the 284 steps of the Arc de Triomphe and got the most spectacular view of the city. Even the most simplest activities, like sitting on the luscious lawn of Jardin du Luxembourg sipping rosé, brought me immense joy!













I thought that finally going to Paris would stop my constant longing for it, but I think seeing the City of Love with my own eyes only strengthened my yearning. Until next time, Paris!



Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin Redou

Comments

Popular Posts