If You Aren't Doing These Things, You're Living Life All Wrong

How To Live A More Luxurious Life

Let's face it, life can be hard sometimes. One day you are eating macaroons and flipping through Vogue without a care, and the next you have nothing to wear, your pumps are scuffed and you notice lipstick on your Hermès scarf. But that's just life I supposed. What can a girl do? 

What I have found is that it is the little things in life that can make all the difference between feeling like a peasant and feeling like ya long lost princess in waiting -- pasting the time until an embassy attaché finds you and whisks you away from all ... this and takes you to your throne. Here are my tips on how to make life just a little more luxurious.

Eat on actual dishware
All too often my college friends will tell me that they are too lazy to wash dishes and instead willingly eat off/with plastic and Styrofoam plates *gasp*!  Fake dishes are for tailgating and beach trips not for at home use! I can't imagine anything less fabulous than stabbing your fork through your "plate" as you spear your lettuce.
  


Invest in real pajamas
Around here, it is customary for people to just pass out in whatever they wore to class that day, or, in severe cases, whatever they plan to wear to class the next day. And of course I'm not referring to the pajama trend now in fashion, i.e. falling asleep in whatever gym clothes pulled off the floor. Wouldn't you rather sleep in silks or satins that are some sort of matching set? I know I would, and so I do!

    



Buy better water
Or at least stop drinking from the tap! I know too many people who do this and wonder why they are always sick. And while of course that may not actually be the cause of the problem, I chose to believe it is.

Cozy throws are life
Come winter you will not find me walking around my apartment without my giant, fluffy, white throw. It is so sniggle-ly and warm it is practically a boyfriend. Nothing beats coming home and getting all cuddled up for a long winters nap.

Put together outfits
I am a firm believer in the looking good, feeling good philosophy. My mother told me that she once watched my walk my dog in my workout clothes and noticed that my posture changes -- and not for the better -- when I am dressed down verses when I am all dolled up.

    


Shield out the sun
I will for all of my life live and breath by the power of a high quality eye mask! I wear one every night and to be honest I'm not sure I wear it to block out light. I think I am just so addicted to the way it feels that I cannot sleep without one! Also, they work amazingly well on planes!
  

The Lipstick Effect
The study of The Lipstick Effect baicsally says that no matter how down the economy may be, women will spend money on lipstick. So why not spoiling yourself a little? Just zip past the drugstore and head straight to Sephora. If you are only spending on lipstick, SPLURGE! Goodbye Covergirl, hello YSL.





Vivire dans le luxe,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts