The New Classic

Sneakers + Dresses

Okay let's get real for a second. Some of you have been following me from the very beginning (about 3 years), and some of you are relatively new. Either way, I feel like we can all be honest about what we observe here in our everyday fashion lives. So let's talk about this HUGE sneakers with dresses situation! Not just any sneakers, of course. Obviously I mean the white and black adidas that are taking over every fashion girl's Instagram feed.

If you had asked me what I thought about when I heard "sneakers" and "dresses" in the same sentence a year ago, I would have had a completely different view. I would have immediately rolled my eyes and told you about this teacher from my grammar school days who had a habit of pairing -- remember those purple gypsy skirts? -- with straight-up running shoes…Yikes Town. First, I would have reprimanded you. Then I would have told you that people who wear sneakers with dresses suffer the same fate as those who wear Crocs; i.e., they go to Hell.

It seems, however, that I have had a most surprising change of heart on the matter (the sneakers + dresses, not Crocs… never Crocs). After seeing many, many pictures of some of the biggest-name fashion bloggers and most influential people in the fashion industry pull off this trend, I'm 100 percent sold. Now keep in mind, I am not a girl who can hate something one minute then see it on a celebrity and make a quick 360. I am extremely confident in my fashion sense, so just because something is trendy does not mean that it will automatically change my opinion on it. (Take Birkenstocks, for example. They are forever hideous. And I don't care who misguidedly might say otherwise.) It's just that, in this one rare case, perhaps I misjudged.

As one who identifies as a girly-girl in the extreme, I wear a pretty flat should the occasion calls for "practical" footwear. Up to now, tennis shoes were strictly for exercise purposes. But these adidas have shown me how wrong I was. Once a girl changes from heels to flats, it's hard to imagine anything being more comfortable or relieving. I thought flats were the most comfortable and cute shoes a girl could find. What I forgot was that there are shoes that actually were made for comfort and have padded soles that make walking around an enjoyable experience! It's 2016, and I can confidently wear comfortable shoes that strut (almost) as hard as my heels. Who would have guessed!





 

 



Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin

Comments

Popular Posts