The Great {Simple} Pumpkim

Pumpkin Crafts for the Uncrafty

It is not a well known fact that not all college/sorority girls are Pinterest perfect craft makers. In fact the only way DIY projects of mine make it on Pinterest is under the "Pinterest Fails" category. Of course just because I can't craft does not mean I won't show up to the numerous crafting parties that my sisters sometimes put on. It is all about knowing your limits and knowing how to modify your craft.

For example, last week some sisters and I were planning to get together to carve pumpkins. It wasn't hard for me to think back to the last time I tried to carve a pumpkin during my freshman year of college to know that was not a good idea...


For the record, my pumpkin (on the left) was supposed to be the interlocking C's of Chanel...yeah.

So this year I decided it would be way easier and turn out cuter if I skipped the craving and just painted a pumpkin instead. Here is how I made my cute little pumpkin in 5 easy steps.

Step 1: Choose a pumpkin. I picked a small one because everyone knows that mini's are adorable. 

 

Step 2: Paint the stem with one color first in case the paint drips so you can paint over it. Then paint the base of the pumpkin in your second color.

Step 3: Repeat step 2 after the first coat has dried. 

 

Step 4: Add polka dots...or stripes or whatever suits your fancy.
Step 5: Add a second coat to your step 4.
 
 

Ta Daaa!
 

Super cute, no messy pumpkin insides, and no Pinterest fails! Happy crafting!

Cheers,
Jordin 


Comments

Popular Posts