Quarantine Cookbook: Perfectly Fluffy Pancake Recipe

Sunday Special



I hope you are all doing well and staying safe and sound at home! With everything going on with  Covid-19, it is easy to become stressed and overwhelmed during these incredibly bizarre times. I, myself, was becoming more and more anxious as the virus started running rampant in New York City. Luckily, my company decided it would be safer for everyone to work from home for the foreseeable future, so I booked a flight and headed back to Texas.

Things are slightly calmer here, and I have found myself ten times more relaxed. I am trying to use this extra time to do things that I really enjoy or have been putting off due to a lack of time. One thing I have been doing a lot of is trying more new recipes!

Today, I decided to start Sunday with a lovely pancake breakfast for my family! Here is an easy six step recipe for fluffy golden pancakes!


Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes

What You'll Need - 

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp butter melted 


Start with two mixing bowls. In one, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In the other, mix the milk, egg and vanilla.

 

Once both are well mixed, add the milk/egg mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined (careful not to over mix). 

 

Then stir in melted butter. Make sure butter is melted, but not hot.

 

 Lightly oil and heat your griddle or frying pan. Then pour the batter until you reach whatever pancake size you fancy!

 


Once golden brown (about two minutes), flip to other side.

 

Once both sides are browned to perfection, build a stack on a plate and serve with syrup and toppings of your choice!

 
It's that easy! A lovely way to start Sunday with your family, and sure to be a crowd pleaser!

Keep checking for new recipes and fun reads!



Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin






Comments

Popular Posts