How to Travel the World...

Without Ever Leaving Manhattan.

Now that I've officially begun settling into my life here in New York and the weather is warming up, I've found my apartment has become a sort of Airbnb for my friends. I've always loved having the girls over for the weekend, and now NYC offers so much more excitement than our college town ever could.

Always one to play the hostess with the mostest, I find myself racking my brain for what I would show my visiting gal pals. Suddenly I knew! Inspired by my stimulating new immersion into the many cultures, people, and languages of this amazing city, I decided to take them on a trip around the world.


Seeing as how I have yet to purchase that private jet I've been eyeing, I figured a cab into downtown Manhattan would have to do as far as transportation for our excursion. And the way to show the girls the best part of the global cultures Manhattan has to offer? Why, through a tour of its food!



First stop: China


Walking the streets of Chinatown, it's easy to forget you are in New York. The streets are lined with fresh fish markets, quirky souvenir shops and dozens of savory food options.



Next stop: Italy


There's a pizza shop on practically ever corner in New York, and while you'll rarely ever come across a bad slice, nothing compares to the pizza in little Italy. Thin homemade crusts with lots of gooey mozerella and thick tomato sauce is the way to go. 


And cannoli from the famous Ferrara Bakery are simply good for the soul.

Then over to: Germany


Nothing brings friends together like stopping in for a pint of true German beer in this most adorable beer garden. With greenery lining the interior walls and light flooding in from the floor to ceiling windows, we couldn't get enough of this place. We played a round of risky jenga, where each piece you pull has a true or dare written on it, as we sipped and chatted the afternoon away.

Last stop: France


Fini! We ended our world tour with a two part stop in France. First, some perusing at Sézane and a mandatory photo op outside the storefront. No matter how many times I walk past this grand display, I cannot get over the enchanting allure of a couple of hundred flowers.


We then zipped back uptown to the Upper East Side, to have a chilled glass of champagne at Sant Amberose...you know, for the jet lag of course!

Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin


Comments

Popular Posts