Trying the "Best Chocolate Cake in the U.S."

Brooklyn Blackout Cake

 Friends who introduce you to new food spots are so important! Recently, one of my friends, who is not from or living in New York, insisted that I run to Nolita and try the chocolate cake from Little Cupcake Bakeshop. I put off the errand until a weekend rolled around where the temperature was well above freezing before finally deciding to honor the plea that I tryout the decedent dessert for both of us.

While I am an extreme chocoholic, cake has never been my go-to dessert. However, this particular cake was voted "Best Chocolate Cake in the U.S." by Food & Wine Magazine, so it seemed worth the trip.




Little Cupcake Bakeshop was first established in Brooklyn and now has multiple locations around New York. I popped into the Prince Street location one crisp Sunday afternoon. Approaching the counter full of sweet treats and pastries, I suddenly realized I didn't know the actual name of the cake in question. I asked the young associate for the "best chocolate cake in America," and was directed to the "Brooklyn Blackout Cake."




So what makes this cake, supposedly named after war-time blackout drills, superior to other chocolate cakes? Let's start with the fact that the Brooklyn Blackout Cake is made with an assortment of the world's finest ingredients, including Madagascar vanilla beans, Belgian chocolate, and full-fat cocoa from Holland.




Perfectly moist and layered with fluffy buttercream and rich ganache, this dessert is meant for serious chocolate connoisseurs. Well, that's what they want you to think.

I recommend you stop by one of the Little Cupcake Bakeshop's three locations for a luscious slice whether you are a true chocolate cake snob or simply a girl like me with a serious sweet tooth. Pair it with a glass of milk and don't forget to add a scoop of vanilla!


 
30 Prince Street, New York
9102 Third Avenue, Brooklyn
598 Vanderbilt Avenue, Brooklyn



Would you be interested in reading more food posts? Maybe a series where I tryout the my friend's top NYC picks? Let me know in the comments below!

Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin  

Comments

Popular Posts