The Coffee Shop of All Coffee Shops!

Felix Roasting Co.

In every town I've lived in for a considerable amount of time, I have always had "The Coffee Shop." This is the coffee shop of all coffee shops, my holy grail, the place who's actual name I say only a few times before I can just mention going to get coffee and you know exactly where I am.

In New York, especially when you're as new as I still am, it is almost impossible to love one place more than others. How can you be sure you have found your place when there are thousands of options? For me, I always look for the same general aspects when seeking a new go-to place. While each has its own unique qualities, I tend to be drawn toward natural lighting, marble or exquisite wooden table tops, a staff I'm on a first name basis with, and, of course a magnificent latte.

It took me a few months to find this place - my little slice of heaven! But now that I have, I find myself here at least three times a week.





Felix Roasting Co. is a place for an afternoon escape when I find myself needing alone time on a Saturday afternoon. My people watching plaza on a Friday evening when I am just not ready to go home yet. And my mediation zone where I go to sit for an hour before going into work.


I stumbled upon Felix Roasting Co. one day after my office moved from Union Square to Nomad. As a thoroughly committed latte addict, I knew I would tolerate drinking K-Cup coffee only so many days a week. Walking to work one morning after the move, I couldn't help but be drawn in by Felix's lavish pink interior, smooth velvet booths, and tiny European-style tables. One stop was all it took and I was hooked. Within a few weeks, the baristas were addressing me by name and starting my order before I even walked up to the counter.



Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin Redou

Comments

Popular Posts