South of Congress




Austin Adventures



This weekend one of my sorority sisters and I decided to put off homework for another day (old habits die hard), and head to Austin, TX for some fun. I guess we were really there to get her car key battery fixed but seeing as how that was the last, quickest, and only stop we almost forgot about I'd say we were just there to get away for a while. 

Our first stop was a totally basic unexpected one. If you are from Texas/the Austin area, you probably have a picture very similar to the one above somewhere in your possession. The "I Love You So Much" wall is an extremely popular attraction in Austin. I have seen it only a thousand times on my Instagram feed but I had never seen it in person. Little did I know that I had dined multiple times on very the street it was located on. It was not until that day when we happened to park on the side of this building that I realized it was so close. I literally started jumping around like a shopaholic after a good sale when I saw it (yes I was that excited to join the many other basic girls who have taken pictures here, I don't need your judgment!)

Next we had lunch at my favorite burger bar ever!



If you ever get the chance to visit Hopdoddy Burger Bar (1400 South Congress Ave), do it! The burgers are to die for and the milkshakes will change your life! Seriously, I know the line gets long and intimidating sometimes but there is a reason everyone wants in! 

Just a few stores down from Hopdoody is Hotel San Jose.


I have never stayed here so I cannot tell you much about it except for the fact that they have the most beautiful scenery!


 


Of course being two fashion merchandising majors, we also couldn't leave without doing a little shopping. Here I am on a cozy couch in The Impeccable Pig.


Unfortunately it seems as though the best days are the ones that pass by the quickest & before we knew it we were sitting in rush hour traffic headed home. Luckily for us, this is just the beginning of a semester full of adventures. Stay tuned darlings!

Cheers,
Jordin



Comments

Popular Posts