Pink Sunday


Lilly + Target

So unless you've been living under a rock with no internet access or Greek friends, you know all too much about Target's latest designer collaboration with the one and only Lilly Pulitzer. If for some awful reason you don't know who Lilly Pulitzer is, she's basically the queen of all things preppy. I mean really don't even think about captioning your Instagram pic #PrepLife if you don't own anything from her. Her company is most known for their classic shift dresses and easily identified patterns that girls everywhere will happily empty their bank accounts for. 


Like almost all of Target's designer collabs, the opening was incredibly highly anticipated! Women everywhere dragged themselves out of their beds at an unreasonably early time this morning, skipped their morning Starbucks (you can't fight off the girl next to you efficiently while holding a latte), & stood in line with the hopes of scoring some major must have summer pieces.

My day started just like this! I woke up at 6:30a.m, dressed quickly, then headed out to my local Target store. I was sitting and waiting in the parking lot surrounded only cars of employees and one couple who appeared to also be there for the sale. By 7:30 another couple had showed up and everyone began to line up outside the door. I stood in the chilly morning air alone, since all of my shopping buddies bailed on me (their priorities were obviously not in the right place) until the store manager came to the door two minutes early asking that none of us (about 25 people now) push, run, shove, or otherwise stampede. Then at precisely 8a.m. we were let in and the madness began! I fast walked straight to the women's clothing part of the collection determined to get at least one shift dress and a jumpsuit! While some girls searched for certain pieces that they had scoped out on the website the night before (somehow you were able to shop the collection early), I literally grabbed one of everything! And I was so glad that I did once I went into the dressing room and feel in love with every piece! While I was super happy with my score I did receive some very dirty looks from a few girls who were not as lucky...sorry not sorry.

Needless to say that when I finally emerged from the dressing room there was practically nothing left on the clothing racks that had been full of preppy girl hopes and dreams about 20 minutes before. The only things left were a pair of pants, a jumpsuit, two tops, and a pair of shorts.

      

As almost any girl who scored big at today's opening would say, it was totally worth the sleep deprivation! I wanted to be able to show y'all everything that I bought through picture that I took while trying things on but as I said earlier it was a solo trip. But here are some pics from the website of the things I got just so I don't have to bombard you with selfies!

 


 I hope all of you were equally as successful today and I cannot wait to wear these fun new things soon (see all my outfits on Instagram)!

Xo,
Jordin

P.S. It is so good to be back!
 



Comments

Popular Posts