Little Luxuries: The Travel Glass

For Those Who Like to Travel in Style

 
Once travel started up again, it was clear that there were a number of new rules and regulations to get used to. Everything from having to wear masks on the train, providing negative covid tests to airlines ahead of flights, getting temperature checks at hotels, etc. There was one new decree in particular that stuck with me though. While it's much smaller than most other changes, I was vexed to find that my airlines had swapped the usual silverware and dishwater with disposable cups and plastic wrapped utensils.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I loath the use of plastic ware (as well as anything cardboard or Styrofoam) in most settings. I understand that in some instances, like eating at a Sweet Green or picnicking in the park, it's hard to avoid or it makes more sense to use disposable dishware. And don't get me wrong, I completely understand the thinking behind this: the airlines felt it was safer to have disposable materials to help reduce the chances of transmitting covid. However, I couldn't let go of the fact that this change made the flight experience feel a little less lavish. 

So, what to do about this tiny inconvenience that felt monumental to the experience? Simple - I invested in travel glasses


There were a few key traits I was looking for in travel glasses:
- They weren't too fragile 
- They weren't too large
- They were aesthetically pleasing
- They were economical enough that if they happen to break or get left behind somewhere, I wouldn't be phased by it.

I found these glasses from Ikea to be a perfect match for what I was looking for! They feel nice and sturdy and have a good weight to them, plus I love the style! While some might think it's silly to bring your own glass aboard to avoid using a plastic cup, a number of flight attendants have commended me on the move. A few have even noted that they felt this (champagne in a real glass) was how travel was intended to be enjoyed.

All in all, if you share my sentiment that bubbly always tastes a little crisper in a glass, or you just enjoy an elevated experience, pick up a few of these adorable, travel friendly glasses here!

Vivre dans le luxe,
Jordin


Comments

Popular Posts