The Great {Pink} Debate


Rant About Rihanna


Ever since the Grammy's aired almost two weeks ago, I've caught myself endlessly daydreaming about Rihanna's dress. There was a lot of talk about her Grammy getup (& even more memes created), some good & some bad, but everyone seems to have an opinion on the matter. I was watching with some of my friends when she made her appearance & all of our jaws hit the floor...little did I know it was for completely different reasons. Never have I ever been given a stronger "are you crazy?!" stare than when I started gushing about how amazing she looked! Literally they thought I was insane. 

Dress by Giambattista Valli

"What was so wrong with her dress?!" I wondered. They were quick to shout things like "It's too poofy", "Too much pink", & "It would look better if it didn't have that top layer."....WRONG! Let's start with the obvious; there's no such thing as "too much pink", period the end. Secondly, I personally thought the fullness was great! It gave the dress an amazing shape & the way it moved when she walked was hypnotizing! Another thing, everyone made so many cracks about it looking like she was going to her quinceanera. Well take a second to imagine what it would have looked like without that top tier....EXACTLY! If you thought it looked like a birthday dress then, you definitely would have thought it looked like a party dress/prom dress without it! That extra unexpected detail is what makes the dress couture and amazing! 

 
 

I thought Rihanna's dress was one of the highlights of the night. Especially this year when all of the other celebs dressed so safely! I will continue to fantasize about that fairytale of a dress & will also continue to argue with my lovely friends about why this dress is more perfect than we'll ever be!

Okay, end of rant! 

While I do LOVE the dress, there were some pretty funny things it was compared to! That being said, please enjoy a few memes/tweets that made me laugh & were inspired by the look:

         
 

Comments

Popular Posts