The Art of Print Mixing

Why Choose One When You Can Have Both?!

When I was younger and first learning how to dress myself, I was always told that I could only pick one pattern/print to wear at a time. Of course, today we all know that this is a big, fat fashion lie! In fact, mixing prints is a huge trend now! I decided to give the print mixing business a try…









In this look, I paired a simple black tee with some fun, striped shorts and black ballet flats. Then I threw in a pink polka dot scarf for my second print. I really liked this outfit! It was super easy to put together and it had the perfect blend of chance taking + playing it safe for a person who is new to the "two prints, one outfit" look. 

Tip: One of the best tips about mixing prints that I've heard is to not mix prints of the same size! Keep that in mind!

Do you have any tips on mixing prints? If so, please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!


Xo,
J. Nichole

Comments

Popular Posts